PDA

View Full Version : Calendar chaos with iCloud and iOS 5

PCKid
5th October 2011, 09:25 PM
ok i jumped in early but all seems to work great except my Calendar on the iPad 2 is in chaos. I first did my iPhone and got the usual duplicates of anniversaries and Birthdays. But manually removed them all on my Mac iCal and then resynced and all went well. When I did the same on my iPad 2 it's gone bananas. I now have up to 20 copies of anniversaries and birthdays. The more I try and fix it the worse it gets. So I went to Settings - iCloud and turned it off for all of them for now and it asked me if I wanted to remove the Calendar info. I said yes but it was still all there afterwards. iCal on the Mac is good so I went to iTunes and Advanced under the info tab and told it to replace all on the iPad with iCal on my Mac one time only but it's made no difference the iPad Calendar is a mess of duplicates. Anyone worked this out yet?

The Fluffy Duck
10th October 2011, 04:39 PM
yeah same. No idea.

Flashkinx
16th October 2011, 11:16 PM
I have exactly the same problem....:slant:

gareth
16th October 2011, 11:25 PM
same here.

NeoRicen
17th October 2011, 12:44 AM
Weird, have absolutely zero issues here.

gehenna
17th October 2011, 05:30 AM
I did have problems on my fiancé's 3GS where a lot of things weren't syncing over properly to the device, but worked fine on her MBP. Ended up just deleting the iCloud account from the 3GS and reading it. All go after that.

kyte
17th October 2011, 06:52 AM
I've just gone through my addressbook which had duplicates and quadruplicates of addresses... deleted the dupes and found I was deleting all of them, not just the dupes. Deleted the lot and have to start over. My iphone seems to be intact at the moment and I am going to save those out to iphoneview. I'm getting seriously sick of all the nonsense.

PCKid
17th October 2011, 12:59 PM
Small hint. I found deleting duplicates from the top one in the list rather than the bottom first seems to work better. It seems that if you keep doing it eventually the problem goes away. I've done it 4 times and now (touch wood) it hasn't come back.

codger
18th October 2011, 11:48 AM
For now, i seem to have solved the duplications problem in my iCal by not syncing with iTunes - see the first tip in the iOS5 Manual which I downloaded yesterday -

'Tips for syncing with iTunes.

. If you’re using iCloud to store your contacts, calendars, bookmarks, and notes, don’t also sync them to your device using iTunes.'

I unchecked the iCalendar section in Info of iTunes and SEEMS to be fine but only time will tell.
Worth a try.

kyte
18th October 2011, 01:44 PM
What I did: completely deleted all my contacts in my addressbook. This immediately deleted everything from the icloud addressbook. Then, I saved out my contacts from my iphone via phoneview and sent those direct to addressbook which then populated the icloud addressbook. Its all good now.