PDA

View Full Version : iOS 5 Airport Utility setup ?

LevMac
5th October 2011, 07:17 PM
Hey guys, not sure where to find this feature, I have the latest GM build, and cannot seem to find it, has Apple taken this feature out ?

skyhawkmatthew
5th October 2011, 07:20 PM
I remember seeing it and playing with it in one of the early betas - I don't remember seeing it anywhere in the last few or the GM. :/

EDIT: It's back!

Go to the network in Wi-Fi settings, and scroll to the bottom - there's a button 'Manage this network' that prompts you to download the AirPort Utility app from the App Store. Hitting 'OK' bounces you through the App Store app to iTunes, which proceeds to tell you "Your request could not be completed."

So, the functionality is there, they've just bundled it into a separate app which doesn't yet exist.

LevMac
5th October 2011, 07:24 PM
Ahhhh cheers skyhawkmatthew :)

Hopefully the App does get released, would be cool to have :)

TaraB
9th October 2011, 01:27 PM
Hey Guys,

You got a mention here: Apple Set To Release An Airport Utility App For iOS 5 | MacTrast (http://t.co/7MdLpLcz)

:)

ravage221
9th October 2011, 01:45 PM
This got a mention in the Dev Forums a while ago.
Apple employee said it was separated so that as Airport software/devices are updated/released, the App will be able to support it by simply updating that, rather than updating the entire OS.

griffmiester
13th October 2011, 12:03 AM
If you search the iOS app store, the Airport Utility doesn't show up.
But if you do what skyhawk suggested

Go to the network in Wi-Fi settings, and scroll to the bottom - there's a button 'Manage this network' that prompts you to download the AirPort Utility app from the App Store. Hitting 'OK' bounces you through the App Store app to iTunes, which proceeds to tell you "Your request could not be completed."

it now finds the app, and you can install it.

bennyling
13th October 2011, 12:21 AM
Direct link to AirPort Utility on the iTMS:
Connecting to the iTunes Store. (http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/airport-utility/id427276530?mt=8)

Works on desktop, YMMV if you're on an iOS device.

LevMac
13th October 2011, 08:58 AM
This is awesome, finally a way to configure and setup your Airport base station :)