PDA

View Full Version : Wouldn't Apple have announced the announcement by now?

Appleaday
27th September 2011, 06:32 PM
Latest rumours on the impending iPhone 5/ iPhone 4s/ IOS 5, etc, etc name the 4th October as the magic date when all will be revealed.

Doesn't Apple usually give the invited few a bit more than a week's notice of such an announcement?

So is October 4th now doubtful??

nibbles
27th September 2011, 06:55 PM
Nope, there is still time.

Also I read something about it being at Apple HQ in Cupertino, which means the dates could be more flexible to suit them, i.e if Jobs decided to make one last keynote.

mitty
27th September 2011, 07:27 PM
I think we should run a book on if Jobs will be there or not. Personally I think no... I think even if he's up to it, he'll let Tim (or someone else) do it.

andyrb
27th September 2011, 07:46 PM
I'm going to run with Jobs being present and introducing the event, but leaving the main stuff to Cook et al.

nibbles
27th September 2011, 07:50 PM
Want to/ want me to create a thread with a poll on this Mitty?

mitty
27th September 2011, 08:20 PM
Knock yourself out :)

the8thark
28th September 2011, 04:02 AM
My best guess is:
Cook will say 2 words at the beginning and then let Forstall take over and he'll pretty much run the show from there on till the end. And probably no Jobs onstage. We all know Forstall will be the main speaker for iOS 5. But I'm not so sure if he'll do the hardware talk or if someone else will.

kyte
28th September 2011, 06:34 AM
If the photograph I saw of Jobs last was an indicator, he is in no fit state to be on stage. He looked dreadful. Skin and bone, and that was a month or so back.

Ecto1
28th September 2011, 07:20 AM
October 4 has been set. The invites are in the mail.

Apple invites press to 'talk iPhone' at October 4 media event (http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/11/09/27/apple_invites_press_to_talk_iphone_at_media_event_ on_oct_4.html)

MrJesseRoss
28th September 2011, 07:33 AM
I think your question's been answered!