PDA

View Full Version : Download iiOS without iphone connected

damod82
4th September 2011, 08:37 AM
Hi Mactalk community

Wondering if there is a way I can download the latest iOS software update without having my iphone connected. Our internet connection isnt the fastest and I would like to be able to use my iphone whilst it is downloading then connect and update the phone after? Tried searching to see if there was a previous thread but found it hard to find in the hundreds of search results. Sorry if there is!

Cheers

nibbles
4th September 2011, 09:05 AM
The easiest way would be to connect your iPhone, click on the update button and then click download only. That way you are able to disconnect your iPhone whilst it downloads then connect it again once the download has finished.

vacantengaged
5th September 2011, 09:16 PM
If you are on iOS 5 Beta you should've been able to download Beta 7 via 3G. (o:

The_Hawk
6th September 2011, 10:27 AM
You can grab the files manuall from the direct links then drop them in the appropriate folder on your Mac. Plenty of places you can find them like this (I'm sure it's on these forums somewhere too).

iOS 4.3.5 Released with Security Fixes – Direct Download Links (http://osxdaily.com/2011/07/25/ios-4-3-5-update-download/)

On a side note, it's a shame you can't make your iOS devices persistent in the sidebar so you can make changes that will be synced the next time the device is connected.