PDA

View Full Version : Vodafone to sell iPad 2

Ecto1
2nd September 2011, 09:21 AM
Just got sent this link from Vodafone on Twitter. They are to soon sell the iPad on 12 month, 24 month and prepaid. Is this a option you would go down? I'm think I might.

Register now for further details on the iPad 2 with Vodafone (http://www.vodafone.com.au/personal/ipad-2/index.htm?cmp=dm:v:pers:::ipad2::pre-reg-ipad2-short-lnk:)

tinhead88
2nd September 2011, 01:48 PM
You'd be crazy to go with Vodafone for any device needing data.
There is a long history of complaints. Vodafone make all sorts of excuses but ultimately it's simply that they keep on signing up new customers when their infrastructure has not been able to cope for some time now.
I have an iPhone 3gs and I could not use any of the internet features (a page would load up in 1 -2 minutes). I'm not fond of Telstra, but I went prepaid with them and now it just works. No more dropouts either which was a constant problem.

xwing25
2nd September 2011, 05:38 PM
Vodafone announced today they are selling the iPad. Only the 3G version as you would imagine. No pricing yet but I'm sure it will be free on something

Personal - iPad 2- Vodafone Australia (http://www.vodafone.com.au/personal/ipad-2/index.htm?pid=v:mob-int::ipad:her:ipad-hpb-her-cta)

rav3n
2nd September 2011, 07:49 PM
Pity vodafones a shit telco, some of their plans are actually quite good.

xwing25
3rd September 2011, 10:53 AM
All telcos have their issues. I work for vodafone and we get our fair share of telstra and optus customers complaining about their network too. It all comes down to where you live and which network is best for you.

tinhead88
3rd September 2011, 02:51 PM
Has my previous post about the poor quality of the Vodafone network been moderated? It seems to have disappeared?? I was only stating facts as I experienced them so I don't see any reason to moderate.

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

Yes, all telcos have their issues, however, Vodafone seems to be the worst depending on where you live and they keep on loading more customers on their already way overloaded network while sending you letters asking them to support them through this tough time (they acknowledge their infrastructure is not coping).

With perfect 3g reception my iPhone would take 1-2 minutes on average to load a single page.
Now that I've changed provider everything is working as it should (of course there are other little problems but at least the basics of the network is there and I can use my phone as intended).

Exocet
3rd September 2011, 08:10 PM
The two threads on this subject have been merged, so there is some double-ups now.

Tinhead, we didn't moderate you, you posted in a different thread.

Ecto1
4th September 2011, 09:00 AM
Pity vodafones a shit telco, some of their plans are actually quite good.

12 months ago I would of agreed with you. But their network improvements have really put my faith back into Vodafone. I hardly get any dropped calls, 3G speed is hardly below 1MBps and of late I never go below 4 bars no matter where I am.

xwing25
4th September 2011, 09:31 AM
there is some big $$$ being pumped into the network and the 850MHz towers. From what i know all the 850 spectrum has been bought by vodafone so only telstra and vodafone will be able to use it.

Vodafone Network - Check network coverage and status (http://www.vodafone.com.au/personal/aboutvodafone/network/index.htm?pid=v:hme:bod:network-update-section)

alzzla
4th September 2011, 11:22 AM
All telcos have their issues. I work for vodafone and we get our fair share of telstra and optus customers complaining about their network too. It all comes down to where you live and which network is best for you.

Your right there. I moved to the southside of Briz-vegas recently (Algester) from northside (Rothwell), and noticed a BIG improvement with Vodafone in regards to reception. I noticed with my original iPad 3G when I changed sims from Vodafone to Telstra, the Vodafone network was almost on par with Telstra.

LevMac
8th September 2011, 11:30 AM
12 months ago I would of agreed with you. But their network improvements have really put my faith back into Vodafone. I hardly get any dropped calls, 3G speed is hardly below 1MBps and of late I never go below 4 bars no matter where I am.

Not meaning to hijack this thread, but I totally agree with you Ecto1, I'm free to cancel my contract whenever I want, but within the past month, things have dramatically improved, so I think ill stick with it :)

DeKa
8th September 2011, 07:25 PM
Same here, Vodafone have dramatically improved - to the extent that their indoor coverage in many locations I go is far better than Telstra-using colleagues/family!
Network performance is fast, and the I don't get dropped calls anymore.

The only reason I would switch to Telstra now is if I needed additional coverage in the country. If I need country data coverage now I just stick a Telstra pre-paid SIM in my Huawei e585-u82 850mhz UMTS capable pocket wifi device and connect to it via WiFi from my iPhone

tinhead88
8th September 2011, 08:02 PM
Buyer beware.
I had 2 years of not being able to use my iPhone properly at all. A friend of mine recently bought a new phone and went with Vodafone. During my last conversation she lost connection 3 times in the span of 40 minutes.
I can only speak for Adelaide, and here I would say you'd have to be crazy to go with Vodafone.