PDA

View Full Version : Beginners guide to App developing

db9
23rd August 2011, 09:15 PM
Hey guys n gals,

Can anyone point me in a direction of a beginners guide to developing an app and getting it approved on the app store?

Shanks

melbg33k
24th August 2011, 04:58 PM
Do you know any programming languages? What sort of apps do you want to write? Like all software the development experience can be very different depending on what you want to achieve.

db9
27th August 2011, 02:58 PM
We're planning on making a productivity App. We mostly know web languages and some other basics such as python and visual basic (:P).

shorts
27th August 2011, 04:49 PM
Maybe a good start would be sign up for an Apple Developer account. Its a good start as far as resources goes. Then you have the option of signing up for the iOS or Mac OS Developer programs. The info on the developer site should be able give you a bit more info about how to develop apps. They have sample apps for practice. I don't know about python and visual basic but usually objective C is the way to go but as I understand it, you can integrate other languages. It depends on what sort of app you want to make.

Just go to developer.apple.com and log in with your Apple ID. If you don't already have one, create a new account. Its free to sign up to the developer website. Joining any of the programs gives you access to extra resources but you have to pay for it. I think its $99AUD per year per program.