PDA

View Full Version : Have some Execs really got the iPhone 5 already?

Luvlimum
19th August 2011, 01:51 PM
Or .... is my girlfriend full of BS??

I was tell my GF how I was going to wait for the iP5 to come out before I go on a new plan with another Telco. She said "My friend at Channel 7 (she used to work for them) has one and he doesn't think it is as good as the iP4".

I tried to convince her that NO-ONE knows what it looks like, what it has, or am I the one who has no idea?

So are there Execs from Channel 7 and 10 who are already walking around with iPhone 5's or not? :slant:

She is VERY ADAMANT that this is so.

Tanya

The_Hawk
19th August 2011, 01:59 PM
Unless the iPhone5 includes a TV of some sort I'm going for no, she's wrong.

Even if it does... she's wrong.

MrJesseRoss
19th August 2011, 02:05 PM
They've probably been given some kind of Android phone and been told it's an iPhone 5.

In any case, no, your friend is terribly mistaken.

mitty
19th August 2011, 02:13 PM
Some Mactalk Mods have one. But if we told you which mods, we'd have to kill you.

The_Hawk
19th August 2011, 03:37 PM
I know the brother in law keeps telling people he has an iPhone 5 since he has replaced the back panel with one of those eBay jobs and it looks "different" ...

decryption
19th August 2011, 03:47 PM
I have an iPhone 5.

dotnet
19th August 2011, 03:51 PM
I have an iPhone 5! And so does my wife!

Cheers
Steffen.

Luvlimum
19th August 2011, 04:02 PM
I have an iPhone 5.

Are you guys pulling my cyber leg? If you do have an iPhone 5 do you now have to kill us? LOL

T

OziMac
19th August 2011, 04:07 PM
5? Pfft. Have been testing LTE on an iPhone 6 for weeks. :p

Bogus Jimmy
19th August 2011, 09:23 PM
I have an iPhone yours+1.

Seriously, there is absolutely no chance that anyone outside Apple has an iPhone 5, especially one that they are willing to comment on.

Basti
19th August 2011, 09:49 PM
A to B: oh, my boss just bought a new "Storm 2" smartphone, he said it's not as good as the iPhone
B to C: have you heard A told me her boss bought a new "Typhoon 5" smartphone, he said it's not as good as the current iPhone
C to D: B told me he's got the "iPhone 5" he reckon it's not as good as the iPhone 4
D to Mactalk forum: ...Could this be true?
Mactalk forum to D: We all have one... Steve Jobs personally sent us one each to beta test.
D to C: Did you know you can beta test the iPhone 5? These people online are saying they have iPhone 5s already...

;)

Lutze
19th August 2011, 10:03 PM
On the iPhone 5 they have removed the word gullable from the dictionary.

kyte
22nd August 2011, 06:13 AM
Are you guys pulling my cyber leg? They are. They are heartless.

nibbles
22nd August 2011, 07:55 AM
But you see I do have one, I got an iPhone 4 and stuck a fancy looking number 5 to it.

nbetts
22nd August 2011, 08:27 AM
I am so fashion forward i jumped the 5 and went straight to the 6

tonyberinson
22nd August 2011, 10:36 AM
isnt that dick head from channel 7 sunrise always the first person to get stuff - so maybe they do? lol

nbetts
22nd August 2011, 11:20 AM
Your going to have to narrow down on the dickheads

Mctastic
22nd August 2011, 12:49 PM
lol

jspec_sti
22nd August 2011, 02:18 PM
it's time to replace your GF....

ozhood
23rd August 2011, 12:44 AM
iPhone 5 is still too far off to be anywhere outside of Apple. Unless you work for Gizmodo perhaps

Rayd
23rd August 2011, 06:57 AM
it's time to replace your GF....

She has now become... obsolete

nightelves
24th August 2011, 04:42 PM
A to B: oh, my boss just bought a new "Storm 2" smartphone, he said it's not as good as the iPhone
B to C: have you heard A told me her boss bought a new "Typhoon 5" smartphone, he said it's not as good as the current iPhone
C to D: B told me he's got the "iPhone 5" he reckon it's not as good as the iPhone 4
D to Mactalk forum: ...Could this be true?
Mactalk forum to D: We all have one... Steve Jobs personally sent us one each to beta test.
D to C: Did you know you can beta test the iPhone 5? These people online are saying they have iPhone 5s already...

;)

Ahhh the good old chinese whispers. You gotta love it.

zbaron
24th August 2011, 08:49 PM
Ahhh the good old chinese whispers. You gotta love it.

They'll pay for that, especially that purple monkey dishwasher remark!

drewbles
25th August 2011, 08:46 AM
When previous iPhones have been released for carriers to test, they are installed in secure rooms, bolted down, generally in black boxes without the production OS on them. Basically, it allows carriers to test the handset for compatibility without giving away what the phone will look like, or what features it will have (the network only cares about it functioning correctly and not causing it to crash). The chances of a production iPhone x (x in place of whatever they'll call it) being out in the general domain, are miniscule, unless as someone mentioned, Engadget have been to any bars recently ;)

It's pretty much 100% assured that carriers have the same black-box-bolted-down-in-secure-room-with-armed-gun-man-at-door type setup for the new iPhone as well, but you'll not hear about it until it's released (Apple are too big to screw over and carriers wouldn't risk it).

Swathe
26th August 2011, 09:02 AM
If anything they have iOS 5. Ask for proof but my bets when asked they will have left it in the saddle bags of the unicorn they rode to work.

drewbles
26th August 2011, 10:12 AM
If anything they have iOS 5. Ask for proof but my bets when asked they will have left it in the saddle bags of the unicorn they rode to work.

iOS 5 is hardly realm of the magical anymore. There's a *lot* of developers out there (me being one) who have it.

It's subject to strict NDA's to discuss it, but it's not hard to get (Pay, and get it).

Also, being Beta software, anyone that has it installed on their everyday handset and expects it to work well is stupid. It's Beta for a reason, to allow for development, and to allow Apple to get feedback from developers on problems with the OS prior to releasing it (Beta Testing is large scale real-world pre-release testing).

Lutze
26th August 2011, 10:40 AM
iOS 5 is hardly realm of the magical anymore. There's a *lot* of developers out there (me being one) who have it.

It's subject to strict NDA's to discuss it, but it's not hard to get (Pay, and get it).

Also, being Beta software, anyone that has it installed on their everyday handset and expects it to work well is stupid. It's Beta for a reason, to allow for development, and to allow Apple to get feedback from developers on problems with the OS prior to releasing it (Beta Testing is large scale real-world pre-release testing).

I tend to agree with Swathe on this though - Someone from IT has iOS 5 on their phone as they are a dev in their spare time. One of the execs is a tiny bit savvy and has asked about it, he's given them access and now he has a magical iPhone 5. The software is buggy still so he doesn't like it as much as the older software.

Chinese whispers with software providing the grease to oil the rumour machine.

Erwin
5th September 2011, 08:32 AM
I think some people have confused iOS 5 with the iPhone 5. :)