PDA

View Full Version : HELP! "Disk burner or software not found"

stevie
16th November 2005, 01:06 PM
When i try to burn a cd in iTunes it says "Disk burner or software not found". :(

How do i fix this?

Also when i go to eject the cd tray it won't eject and alot of the time the eject symbol won't even appear on the screen.

I have an iMac G4 1ghz 17"

Cheers

iMick
16th November 2005, 01:15 PM
Check to see if the burner is showing up in the system profiler. Should be under disc burning if you have tiger.

stevie
16th November 2005, 01:21 PM
Nope no burner :(

"No burning device was found. If you are using an external device please make sure that it is connected and powered properly."

It's a standard superdrive so no connection or power supply required :(

Any one have any other solutions or ideas?

Cheers Stevie

Currawong
16th November 2005, 02:46 PM
Sounds like either the power cable or data cable to your optical drive is fubar, or the machine is.

Rayd
16th November 2005, 03:27 PM
you could open it up (dont do it unless you have the right tools and are farmiliar with computer cables and disembly...) if not.. then take it to you local applecentre to get it checked.. :D

purana
16th November 2005, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by stevie@Nov 16 2005, 01:06 PM
When i try to burn a cd in iTunes it says "Disk burner or software not found". :(

How do i fix this?

Also when i go to eject the cd tray it won't eject and alot of the time the eject symbol won't even appear on the screen.

I have an iMac G4 1ghz 17"

Does a reboot and then attempt solve it or still the same problem.

The error you state I have had a number of times on my mac mini, and I cant figure out why. It's like some software has the drive open, and no other apps can open it. Not even visible in about this mac.

Reboot always solves it.

It's only happened about 2 times in the last 8 months. Usual find it happens after I attempt to erase a cdrw and then it doesnt appear to work, so I stop it. At this point no further work on drive works until reboot.

stevie
16th November 2005, 05:15 PM
Reboot doesn't solve it and im not too comfortable with opening it up.

So it looks like i'll have to part with some dollars and take it to an Apple center :(

Thanks for all the help :)

Cheers Stevie