PDA

View Full Version : Short course in iOS development available @ Swan Tafe (Midland, WA)

Lutze
2nd August 2011, 02:41 PM
I'm nothing to do with this course, I want to do it but I've just committed myself to something else for the next 9 weeks on a Tuesday so I can't do it this time around.

Polytechnic West - iPhone Programming for Beginners (http://www.polytechnic.wa.edu.au/short_course/advanced_search/query/aglwc2MtcHJvZDFyGAsSBkNvdXJzZSIMMjc4ODk2Ok0yNDk0DA )

Details are:

Where: Midland Tafe, WA

Cost: $341

When: Tuesdays - 6pm - 9pm Starting 16th August

How long: 6 weeks

Requirements (entrance and resources): Basic computer skills & notepad and pencil

On completion of course: Learn how to build interfaces, write apps, get them on your own devices for testing and then up on the App Store and in front of Apple's 125 million iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad users

lavo
2nd August 2011, 03:09 PM
That's around the corner from work. Sweet! Thanks for the heads up Lutze :)

Lutze
2nd August 2011, 03:23 PM
That's around the corner from work. Sweet! Thanks for the heads up Lutze :)

If you decide to do it can you throw a review of the course on here please?

yagankiely
8th August 2011, 03:01 PM
I shall be doing it.

haydio
8th August 2011, 05:41 PM
Quite a trek from Rockingham :(

bennyling
8th August 2011, 06:01 PM
Having no knowledge apart from what I just saw on Google Maps, isn't everything quite a trek from Rockingham? ;)

yagankiely
8th August 2011, 10:49 PM
There's a train near by Rockingham, and with one transfer you can get to Midland, but I'd imagine it would take an hour to get back home. Since trains run every 30mins, and it finishes at 9 you could catch the 9:30 train from Midland, and assuming (a big one) that the transfer doesn't make you wait another half an hour, you'd be home at 10:30.

Although Freo is slightly closer than Rockingham, the main benefit is that I don't have to transfer at all.

From memory, anyway.

But all that said, I don't think many people would want to be out and about in Midland [anytime, let alone] at 9:30.

palais
8th August 2011, 10:55 PM
But all that said, I don't think many people would want to be out and about in Midland [anytime, let alone] at 9:30.

HEY!!

But, no. You're right. :)

Damn, would love to do this. Just need a babysitter.

yagankiely
9th August 2011, 01:34 AM
Probably better than Gosnells.

haydio
9th August 2011, 09:01 PM
Having no knowledge apart from what I just saw on Google Maps, isn't everything quite a trek from Rockingham? ;)

Haha, you're right.

bacholi
15th December 2011, 01:09 AM
Hi, Did anyone do the course above? Was wondering if there were any reviews... ?

bacholi
23rd December 2011, 11:21 AM
One of the students I wrote to about this course tells me "The course was good, and it certainly helped me get over the initial learning curve, but I didn't come away know how to write an app from start to finish (and didn't expect to). Part of the problem was that there were some in the class with a programming background, and the lecturer seemed to move at a pace closer to their skill level than to mine. With that in mind, it was very fast paced and difficult to take in, but for me, it was worth it. If I were to ever take this further, this course will have helped me by building somewhat of a foundation." I am motivated :) I thought I would share this here, in case it helps others planning to take this course :)

kyte
24th December 2011, 07:38 AM
I'd love to take this course, or one more basic... are there any such courses available in NSW? Or online?

Beaucoupnice
25th March 2012, 01:58 PM
Does anyone know if this is still running?