PDA

View Full Version : Skype for iPad is out

Stez
2nd August 2011, 01:28 PM
Weeks after a video of the app was leaked by Skype, the app has finally been released. It's taken 1 and a half years but finally we can Skype in full iPad resolution :D

EDIT: In a move of epic lols, the app has been pulled for being ''release prematurely''

Really Skype? How could you accidentally release a video for the app, then accidentally release it and not notice until it's been approved?

Thank God I got it! If I was at school I would have missed it and been spewing over it since I've been waiting for ages. Being sick has it's positives ;)

djsflynn
2nd August 2011, 03:32 PM
A bit of a "whoops!" moment, eh? But we still got pics and hands-on first impressions at Australian Business Traveller First look: Skype for iPad released -- big-screen video calls - Flights | hotels | frequent flyer | business class - Australian Business Traveller (http://www.ausbt.com.au/first-look-skype-for-ipad-released-big-screen-video-calls) [disclosure: I'm the editor of AusBT, but hopefully this post will be forgiven as this is a topic relevant to MacTalkers who are understandably keen to get a glimpse of Skype for the iPad].

Stez
2nd August 2011, 03:34 PM
Sweet, thanks for the link! Didn't realise the iPad app has improved video quality.

LeeLee
2nd August 2011, 07:29 PM
I saw it was out and thought - will download it later. then they pulled it :(

Dakah3
2nd August 2011, 11:06 PM
It's back again, get in quick before it disappears again !