PDA

View Full Version : Windows Startup

borci88
15th November 2005, 08:19 PM
Hey guys.. im guessing all you Mac owners pity me as i am a Windows User..
If anybody knows how to do what i am about to explain please tell.
I have seen on my friends computer that when he starts up his computer and logs in a little popup comes up of The Crazy Frog Tone (except its the ferrari)
I was just wondering how do i do that?
Thanks

Borci

dangelovich
15th November 2005, 08:42 PM
First, you jump onto any random website with lots of banner ads and such, then you install whatever the site asks you to. Then disable your virus scanner and firewall and leave the machine connected for about a week. Odds are, one of the many viruses/spyware apps will be the one you're after. :D

But seriously, it sounds like it's a spyware type app - it'll probably cause more trouble than it's worth. Either way, best bet is to find out the name of the app on your friend's computer then do a google search. But if I were you, I wouldn't be installing it. And I'd go find a friend and ask them to slap you upside the head for liking the "crazy frog".

borci88
15th November 2005, 08:49 PM
yeah im not really following you.... but i'll eventually get it
but he was listening to the ORIGINAL "crazy frog" which was actually orignally a ferrari... he only had it on his computer when Crazy Frog wasnt even out yet

god damned it i hate u Frog :thumbdn:

mwot
15th November 2005, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by dangelovich@Nov 15 2005, 08:42 PM
And I'd go find a friend and ask them to slap you upside the head for liking the "crazy frog".
Never mind being a windows user ... this is a far more pressing pandemic - even more so than the avian bird flu ;)

But is this to replace the normal windows pic on startup? I used to do that back in the days when I was a windows user ...

borci88
15th November 2005, 08:52 PM
na na... i mean like when you start it up, then u click on the user and then its in the middle of the Desktop just before the icons appear a little popup appears with the music
its kinda like quicktime but its just a Window with nothing on it but a picture, with music in the backround

Borci

dangelovich
15th November 2005, 08:54 PM
Sounds like he has dropped the sound file into the Startup folder in his start menu...
Or set it as the Windows Login sound in the Sound control panel. I'd have a look in the startup folder first.

borci88
15th November 2005, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by dangelovich@Nov 15 2005, 08:54 PM
Sounds like he has dropped the sound file into the Startup folder in his start menu...
Or set it as the Windows Login sound in the Sound control panel. I'd have a look in the startup folder first.
Good Idea..
but can you just explain it to me a bit more..
like where to go exactly??
thanks

Borci

mwot
15th November 2005, 09:01 PM
Start>Control Panel>Sounds,Speech and Audio>Change Sound Scheme

Lots a stuff to fiddle around with in there. You'll one for the Start Up sound ...

dangelovich
15th November 2005, 09:01 PM
Click Start
Go to All Programs - this could be Programs depending on the Windows version.
Right click Startup
Select 'Open'

Anything in this folder will be loaded when windows starts up (or specifically, when a user logs in). If you copy the music/video file here, it will play whenever that user logs in.

yitzyf
15th November 2005, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by borci88@Nov 15 2005, 09:49 PM
snip
but he was listening to the ORIGINAL "crazy frog" which was actually orignally a ferrari... he only had it on his computer when Crazy Frog wasnt even out yet

god damned it i hate u Frog :thumbdn:
You mean this one?

http://www.frenzy.com/~jester/racecar.html

morn
16th November 2005, 01:09 AM
Crazy frog was around years before the ring tone. It was some silly internet animation someone put up comparable to say the star wars kid. And it used to be called the annoying thing. :P

borci88
16th November 2005, 02:50 PM
Morn..... i dont care about what it was called... i probably wasnt even guna use the race car <_<

but now the Racecar has been ruined by the crazy frog.... if youve seen the crazy frog video clips and ads it ruins everything

Borci

designers_hub
16th November 2005, 02:59 PM
why is a windows user on a mac forum???

join us... taste the forbidden fruit, its not as bad as the bible makes it out to be.

borci88
16th November 2005, 03:06 PM
lol yes mate... Once you figure out Windows its a lot easier>>
I know Mac has alot of stuff but i havent had a chance to explore
one so im not really interested

EDIT: and anyway... this is Software General (windows included)... Im
still an apple user just not a Mac user. :D (welll... about to be an apple user)

Borci

ford.boy
16th November 2005, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by borci88@Nov 16 2005, 03:06 PM
lol yes mate... Once you figure out Windows its a lot easier>>

Lots of us are switchers, we definitely have windows figured out; hence the switch :lol:

forgie
16th November 2005, 03:20 PM
Windows easier? Hmmm I can&#39;t quite think of anything that&#39;s easier in windows then OSX... and I know windows pretty damn well.... Ok I&#39;ve thought of one. Uninstalling certain third-party drivers. It&#39;s about 5% easier on windows. But it still leaves CRAP in your registry, making your computer slower.... It takes a few seconds more in OSX, since sometimes you have to use terminal to delete drivers that OSX won&#39;t let you delete without sudo.

But apart from that, EVERYTHING is easier in OSX&#33; I even find scratching my asscrack to be easier whilst using OSX, whereas on XP it&#39;s a really frustrating experience&#33;

.... ;)

borci88
16th November 2005, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by forgie@Nov 16 2005, 03:20 PM
Windows easier? Hmmm I can&#39;t quite think of anything that&#39;s easier in windows then OSX... and I know windows pretty damn well.... Ok I&#39;ve thought of one. Uninstalling certain third-party drivers. It&#39;s about 5% easier on windows. But it still leaves CRAP in your registry, making your computer slower.... It takes a few seconds more in OSX, since sometimes you have to use terminal to delete drivers that OSX won&#39;t let you delete without sudo.

But apart from that, EVERYTHING is easier in OSX&#33; I even find scratching my asscrack to be easier whilst using OSX, whereas on XP it&#39;s a really frustrating experience&#33;

.... ;)
i didnt say that its easiER than OSX im just saying once you have Windows for a while everything becomes really easy

-neon-
16th November 2005, 03:45 PM
Well, the best way to have a startup sound in windows is to do it through control panel:
Goto "Sounds and Audio Devices", then hit the "Sounds" tab, and scroll down the list to where is says "Windows logon".

From there all you have to do is choose the .wav file you want to play when you log in.

geektechnu
16th November 2005, 06:14 PM
To me it sounds like your friend has taken a flash movie (swf file) and placed it in their startup folder. When they log in, the Flash movie plays (which results in a window with some sort of image + whatever audio is in the Flash movie). On the plus-side, if it is a Flash movie, it may be set to automatically close once it&#39;s finished playing too.

iCameron
16th November 2005, 07:21 PM
Anyways....

I used to be a Windows user

It was good but, being the age i am and the cash i have, i couldn&#39;t offord to use windows with the crashes and what not

SO I WENT TO MAC

And im loving it

Well, except the no games bit, but it gives me some more time to work on school

Anyone know a good mac games place in Brisbane?