PDA

View Full Version : 3gs GPS not working?

j5ive
24th June 2011, 08:00 PM
Any ideas? Just wont find me on google maps unless in network coverage. No GPS apps work? Anything I can try?

amstrad_mac
25th June 2011, 07:49 AM
I had a similar issue with my 3Gs, took it to apple and they replaced the iphone after seeing it wouldn't pinpoint itself on the map.

j5ive
25th June 2011, 06:25 PM
Bugger. No warranty though and it is jail broken.

DeKa
26th June 2011, 06:07 PM
What happens if you wait for 5-10 mins? GPS with no network connection (either 3G or WiFi) is very slow, but if you try taking a car GPS from one location (keep it switched off) to another, it takes 3-5 mins to figure out where it is too. I travel a lot and often use OffMaps2 but if I cannot find a WiFi connection when I arrive in a new overseas location, I need to just keep the phone awake in an area with an open view of the sky in order for it to get a GPS fix. Once it's got one GPS fix in that general area it is pretty quick.

buddygogo
30th June 2011, 06:56 PM
install again .

TomerJ
1st July 2011, 02:07 PM
I've heard that some jailbreaks can cause problems with the iphone and the apps on it. Could be that. Not 100% sure of that. Can anyone back this up???

laura331
2nd July 2011, 04:44 PM
Doesn't work, you were apparently a special case.

Here's how you fix it:

- Go to settings, general, auto-lock, change it from 1 Minute to NEVER
- Go to settings, general, reset, reset network settings (THIS WILL REBOOT YOUR IPHONE)
- Go outside, in a clear place with NO tree's, buildings, or anything blocking your view of the sky
- Open "MAPS", click NO on all that wi-fi crap, then click the little gps icon, and let it sync up with the satellites (this could take a few minutes)

It will work.... unless you don't do something right. You do not need to sync up with itunes or restore in itunes first.

Let me know if it works or not, i just tried it on my girlfriends phone and it worked great after that. Also, a few other people with the same issue reported success as well.