PDA

View Full Version : PDF Docs. Who can create them for me?

Snelens
23rd June 2011, 02:18 PM
G'day All

We are trade service contractors & I would like to use our I pads as a tool when quoting / planning jobs. I would like to have PDF documents created that we can access on our I pads, fill in the appropriate areas & then use back in the office for planning, attach to job cards (browser CRM system) or use as the working notes for creating quotes etc.

Can anyone point me in the direction where I can get this done?

What app would be best for creating word documents? I have looked in the app store but just ended up confused.

Thanks all.

Steve_D
23rd June 2011, 02:29 PM
Try pages for both the Mac and iPad. That should cover your needs and also has templates that may make things easier for you.

Snelens
23rd June 2011, 02:44 PM
Ok thanks. So pages is better then "docs to go"? What about setting up these PDF forms? Anyone? Paying customer here.

nibbles
23rd June 2011, 04:24 PM
Pages on the iPad you can email or export as pdf and on any mac in any software you can save as a pdf (File > Print > Save As PDF option in lower left).

bennyling
23rd June 2011, 04:31 PM
I think Snelens is after two things: someone to create form-fillable PDFs for him to use on iPads, and also an iPad app to create word docs.

Snelens
23rd June 2011, 07:27 PM
Yes you are right, create the PDF forms and the best app to use to create documents.

BiRDBRAiN
24th June 2011, 06:43 AM
Excuse me for my ignorance, but if you've got a CRM, can't that handle "forms" type functionality for collecting information?

Seems like a PDF is overkill for what you need, and if you have a system in place for collecting "data", that would seem more suitable.

Snelens
24th June 2011, 07:19 AM
Yes Birdman I have a CRM & it does have a forms type area. Problem is the CRM software is not I Pad friendly but can be accessed via browser.
Its just slow to input info into the CRM using wireless data, I have been looking around for an I Pad based CRM & have found a good few. I was just trying to maintain the KISS principle.