PDA

View Full Version : iOS5 - Has the Bluetooth stack been revised?

Mael
17th June 2011, 07:22 PM
To all of those of you that are currently having a play with the iOS5 beta, can you please check to see if Apple has updated the bluetooth stack.

I am interested to know if they have added SAP (SIM Access Profile) ?

As per normal, this is something other phones have had for a long time.

The signal reception inside my car is ordinary and being able to use the external antenna would be very nice.

Beau
18th June 2011, 05:11 PM
To all of those of you that are currently having a play with the iOS5 beta, can you please check to see if Apple has updated the bluetooth stack.

I am interested to know if they have added SAP (SIM Access Profile) ?

As per normal, this is something other phones have had for a long time.

The signal reception inside my car is ordinary and being able to use the external antenna would be very nice.

Hey Mael;
Here's a shot of the Bluetooth System Preferences pane on my MacBook from my iPhone 4 running iOS 5.
https://img.skitch.com/20110618-n3uf12c3rfaistxiqrb4h75myr.jpg
Unfortunately it doesn't look like anything has been added; and er, the version of Mac OS X has a broken version of Bluetooth Explorer so I'm not able to dig any deeper and see if there are any more services that the stock Bluetooth pane doesn't report.
Hopefully someone else can jump in and confirm/deny this.
Sorry!
Beau.

Alec Fraser
18th June 2011, 06:57 PM
It looks like AVRCP has been added!! Which should hopefully mean that bluetooth headsets with play/fwd/back buttons will now work!

Mael
19th June 2011, 08:10 PM
Thanks Beau.

Looks like iOS5 won't have all the goodies I've been wanting. :(

thatfilthyspringbok, AVRCP is already available 4.33.

Bogus Jimmy
20th June 2011, 03:13 PM
Whatever they've done, my 3GS now has a delay of 10 seconds after picking up the call via my BT car kit. It continues to ring at my end but it picks up at the caller's end and they hear nothing. After 10 seconds (the call timer starts at 0:10) I can start talking. I haven't tried it with my 4 yet.

Dante Kyar
20th June 2011, 04:11 PM
Please let them know about this if you can submit bug reports. This is the sort of thing that can get delayed being fixed for ages but pisses off people who really rely on this feature, even if they are in the minority of users.

Alec Fraser
21st June 2011, 12:33 PM
thatfilthyspringbok, AVRCP is already available 4.33.

Huh, I didn't think it had been added yet. I'll have to try it out.