PDA

View Full Version : Convert audio to mp3 from amr?

froggy
9th November 2005, 10:40 AM
Hi folks,

Yesterday I twice used my phone's voice recorder function to record meetings. If possible, I would now like to convert these files to mp3. The files play automatically in QT and appear in Finder as 3GPP inside the QT icon.

iTunes doesn't recognise the amr extension as anything valid and I have also tried using Audacity to import the file and also to import raw data. I've had no success with either method.

Any suggestions, please?
Andrew

marc
9th November 2005, 10:42 AM
QucikTime Pro's export feature?

cerebus
9th November 2005, 11:27 AM
Audiohijack?

froggy
9th November 2005, 12:12 PM
Have to go Pro, do I? How much is that?

I've not heard of Audiohijack. I'll investigate it, thanks :)

Andrew

marc
9th November 2005, 12:55 PM
Audiohijack is a great idea if it's not something you need to do often. It captures the audio from any app, so you'd set it up then hit play. It's free, so much cheaper than QT Pro. Search www.versiontracker.com to find it.

QuickTime Pro is about $50.
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/mac.html

vid
10th December 2007, 07:16 PM
This is an OLD thread but I have sent someone an .AMR file and they can't open it on their PeeCee, I have checked out version tracker but can't find anything suitable, has anyone got any ideas now please?

decryption
10th December 2007, 08:56 PM
This is an OLD thread but I have sent someone an .AMR file and they can't open it on their PeeCee, I have checked out version tracker but can't find anything suitable, has anyone got any ideas now please?

Have they got QuickTime installed?

Failing that, you can convert it to MP3, then send them that.

vid
10th December 2007, 09:10 PM
Have they got QuickTime installed?

Failing that, you can convert it to MP3, then send them that.

I would have thought they have a late model PeeCee and should have Quicktime but I'm not sure.
Converting to a MP3 is exactly what I want to do but I can't find something to do it, is Quicktime Pro the only way?

froggy
20th December 2007, 04:15 PM
Hi vid,

As marc suggested to me when I first needed this done, Audio Hijack (http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/16382) could well be the way to go. For you, at least. Not sure about the dark side, though. My understanding is that as long as the recording isn't longer than 10 minutes, you won't need to buy the s/ware.

HTH,
Andrew

lithomateo
28th January 2009, 11:06 PM
Hi everyone,

im using AUDIO HIJACK PRO™ and i should say that its an awesome audio software for MAC...but im having problems on converting from an MP3 to ARM file...can somebody help me with this?...

THANKS IN ADVANCE AND MORE POWER TO ALL! :)