PDA

View Full Version : Notice semi-iCloud working using Notes app with current iOS 4.3.3

alzzla
10th June 2011, 10:45 AM
As most of you's know, iCloud is in semi use for the current version of iOS (ie Apps and iBook downloads) as a teaser till iOS 5 hits later this year.

Now a few days ago I made a note on my iPad so I can refer to later, and this morning I actually needed it. Now I was curious if maybe the Notes app on my iPhone 4 was "magically" updated via iCloud. I checked and yes the info was there.

Then thought, wait, I plugged my iPhone into iTunes on my iMac last night, so hence I thought, thats why. So decided to test if iCloud was semi working.

I made a note on my iPhone, then checked my iPad, and to my surprised, the note appeared (after a little bit of waiting of course). I decided to repeat the "experiment" except vice versa (ie made note on iPad, then checked iPhone), and the note appeared on the iPhone as well.

I thought, COOL "it works". lol As a final test I made a new note on my iPad, drove to work, and that note was on my iPhone when I checked.

To me it's a snippet of what iCloud will do.

Anyone else notice this?

ps I don't use Mobile Me either.

spuds_imac
10th June 2011, 10:57 AM
Photo stream works as well take a photo with you iPhone and it appears on you iPad as well.

alzzla
10th June 2011, 11:25 AM
Photo stream works as well take a photo with you iPhone and it appears on you iPad as well.

Really? I have to check my iPad now when I get home. Just took a photo here at work as my "test" photo. lol

foovo
10th June 2011, 11:47 AM
Note syncing already works with Gmail syncing and has for some time. You dont have a Gmail account set up by any chance?

alzzla
10th June 2011, 12:00 PM
Note syncing already works with Gmail syncing and has for some time. You dont have a Gmail account set up by any chance?

I do have a Gmail account. Just check my mail settings, and yes Notes is selected. Dang.. my bad...
I got excited slightly there.. oh well...

Thanks for correcting me there.

vernflan
10th June 2011, 06:08 PM
Photo stream isnt working with mine? Do i have to activate something somewhere?

angusg
14th June 2011, 04:57 PM

It has with MobileMe for some time as well.

Beau
18th June 2011, 05:16 PM

Note syncing actually works with any IMAP or MobileMe account. Has since iOS 4: iOS 4: Syncing Notes (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4191)

PCKid
7th July 2011, 08:30 PM
Really? I have to check my iPad now when I get home. Just took a photo here at work as my "test" photo. lol

Pretty certain that doesn't work. Took several photo on my iPhone in the last few days and they ain't on my iPad

alzzla
7th July 2011, 08:51 PM
Pretty certain that doesn't work. Took several photo on my iPhone in the last few days and they ain't on my iPad

Yeah it doesn't work. I realised since I've got a gmail account, under mail settings, i can sync a few things via googles sync service.

I got a little excited sadly. lol Still look forward to using iCloud though.