PDA

View Full Version : Apple Store - Sydney Broadway

jiffy
5th June 2011, 02:54 AM
Rumour has it, Broadway will get a store and its only 2km away from the george street store

http://www.ifoapplestore.com/db/2011/06/04/george-street-will-get-nearby-buddy-store/

Phormic
5th June 2011, 07:27 AM
A perfect location. At a three-way nexus between white collar workers in the CBD, students at Sydney University and hipsters in Glebe and Newtown.

Fermat
18th January 2012, 12:00 PM
I was at the Broadway Shopping Centre recently and there is a "black box" in front of the area shown in the plans on the IFO site. So it seems that the construction/fit out of the store has begun.
Has any one heard any rumours as to a opening date?
On jobs.apple.com under Stores accepting applications there is a store listed as just Sydney - NSW. Could this be the Broadway store?

edit: just found photo on foursquare (https://foursquare.com/horndog/checkin/4f150dc2e4b000502fa6dd42?s=s0ZDdiB7GT5iwE-ICJvW0YGSx-A&ref=tw) of the store.

rjdeed
2nd June 2012, 02:56 PM
The "black box" in the Broadway Shopping Centre now has the Apple logo and URL on it. Opening can't be too far away now.

simonm
2nd June 2012, 04:02 PM
Ouch to Adelaide and Hobart!

Biallystock
2nd June 2012, 04:06 PM
There go another couple of Apple Resellers.

It wouldn't matter that much if Apple itself took up the slack of what they provide.

I sort of feel sorry for anyone who agreed to be an Apple Reseller except you would have to be extraordinarily shortsighted not to see this steamroller coming.

kyte
2nd June 2012, 08:51 PM
I still prefer the local reseller to those shiny happy blue t-shirted people at the Apple store.

Oldmacs
2nd June 2012, 09:15 PM
We've always had better success at the Apple store than at Next Byte!
I hope this doesn't mean Microseconds don't go out of business

LCGuy
4th June 2012, 08:44 PM
Microseconds will still have a niche - providing service, support and parts for older machines. If you have anything older than say, 2007 - Apple doesn't want to know you, whereas Microseconds still stocks stuff for machines going back to the 90's. Expensive, yes - but at the same time, its good to know they're there, it could be the thing that saves them.

Oldmacs
4th June 2012, 09:48 PM
I still am yet to go there, as i want them to do some soldering work on my Mac Plus, but I have heard great things about them . As a student it is very annoying that they are only open on weekdays so that is why I still have not been. I have tried emailing for a quote a few times but never gotten a reply :ambivalent:

rjdeed
21st June 2012, 08:34 PM
Wandering around Broadway Shopping Centre this evening and noticed the Apple Store wifi is now active.

Shintaro
26th June 2012, 10:11 AM
Just got an email from Apple announcing this store opens on Saturday, 30 June at 10:00 am

hendot
26th June 2012, 10:17 AM
I just got the email too. Confirming 10am 30/06/12.

simonm
26th June 2012, 12:38 PM
There go another couple of Apple Resellers. I sort of feel sorry for anyone who agreed to be an Apple Reseller except you would have to be extraordinarily shortsighted not to see this steamroller coming.

I don't think Apple cares about one particular reseller after they "allegedly" engaged in widespread rorting of the AppleCare warranties program.

I still prefer the local reseller to those shiny happy blue t-shirted people at the Apple store.

Yes, they can be scarily happy. I prefer my Apple served with typical Sydney sullen indifference and callous disregard!

mliu
26th June 2012, 11:06 PM
Good luck to the guys at Next Byte Broadway. Resellers staffed by real Mac experts and pros will have to really have to think about how to co-exist with the giant Apple Store. Do better or close down.