PDA

View Full Version : iWorks for iOS is now universal..

alzzla
1st June 2011, 06:54 AM
Just read on my Twitter feeds that iWork for iOS is universal app now. Means it'll work on your iPhones now.

Updating it now to see how it goes on my iPhone.

Update: Well works alright so far. Obviously on a smaller scale. Just have to find a new WebDav service since DropDav is now charging to use their services to sync to Dropbox.

I like you can have folders now for a bit of organising of your documents.

tcimac
5th June 2011, 07:28 PM
Yeah, I purchased for my iPad about 6 months ago. And recently when doing a sync to my iPhone, Pages appeared on my iPhone and works normally.

tom5955
5th June 2011, 07:43 PM
Sorry to be pedantic, but it's iWork, not iWorks.

sirstaunch
5th June 2011, 07:52 PM

As long it iworks ;)

alzzla
5th June 2011, 08:04 PM

http://www.auspuck.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/simpsons-the-doh-49005791.jpg

LOL

Thanks for correcting me on that.

skyhawkmatthew
5th June 2011, 09:46 PM
Sorry to be nostalgic, but it did come of of the ashes of AppleWorkS, which itself came from ClarisWorkS ;)

tom5955
5th June 2011, 11:43 PM
Sorry to be nostalgic, but it did come of of the ashes of AppleWorkS, which itself came from ClarisWorkS ;)

Haha it's still called iWork! :P

skyhawkmatthew
6th June 2011, 07:08 AM
Haha it's still called iWork! :P
You are correct :P

---
On topic:
It appears that in this latest update Apple silently fixed an iDisk syncing bug that occurred with iWork for iPad. For the past few weeks at least, if you uploaded a document to your iDisk from the iPad, it would not get synced down to the Mac's iDisk for up to 24 hours (even though it is sitting there if you go to the web interface!). It seems that after this latest update, uploaded documents now sync down immediately, as they ought. :)

Currawong
6th June 2011, 02:14 PM
Ahh, that answers an issue I had, where I thought I'd lost a document! Hopefully tomorrow's iCloud announcement will have a superior iDisk like service, more along the lines of Dropbox, as I'm using Pages more often for work. It's too impressive not to pull out my iPad at a client's place and whip up a document on the spot when the chance arrives.

Mac Monk
6th June 2011, 03:59 PM

That would depend on whether you were male or female...you know...the whole multitasking thing and all.