PDA

View Full Version : Gelaskins - shipping time to Australia

dmeston
31st May 2011, 05:43 AM
My Gelaskin for my iPad 2 was apparently shipped on April 25th by normal shipping. It still hasn't arrived as at 31st May. Is this normal for Gelaskins to take this long?

Any experience from others?

Devil rolla
31st May 2011, 08:53 AM
I've ordered from them, I don't remember them being quick, but they are coming from the states.

carlow1
31st May 2011, 02:40 PM
I ordered mine and it shipped on 21st April. It still hasn't turned up. I emailed them and they're sending me another via UPS. Still waiting for that too.

macarena
31st May 2011, 03:46 PM
Mine took a week. No dramas. BTW its a pretty impressive product and quite forgiving when you are applying. ie plenty of adhesion if you get it applied wrong the 1st, 2nd or even 3rd time. No residual adhesive left behind either.

fuller
1st June 2011, 10:49 AM
Did you guys go with the $20 odd shipping or the cheaper option that said it can take up to 20days? I went the cheaper option considering the other one effectively doubles the price of the skin. Be interesting to see how long it takes, keen to get some protection on the back of this thing!

macarena
1st June 2011, 01:51 PM
I went the UPS option. It light of the total price ($47 US) I thought it was still reasonable.

dmeston
3rd June 2011, 11:20 AM
Happy to wait 20 days. But it's been nearly 40. Contacted Gelaskin. They have sent a replacement via UPS. Should arrive next week.

fuller
11th June 2011, 08:44 AM
Well mine arrived yesterday, only took about 1.5 weeks, a lot faster than I expected. Really happy with it, super easy to apply, although the fact that I used to install vinyls the size of window panes probably made it easier, still incredibly easy in apply!

musouka
12th June 2011, 12:38 AM
My order last year of 1 skin and 2 art prints came within 1 month. Remember the 20 days they quote are business days. However, 40 days is too long. Glad to hear they are sending replacements via UPS, that's great service.

My 3GS iPhone skin still looks great after 16 mths, no peeled or frayed edges.

dmeston
12th June 2011, 09:47 AM
Both the original and re-send arrived on the same day. :-)