PDA

View Full Version : uncyherb

mivory
29th May 2011, 01:43 PM
NEGATIVE trading experience with this seller.

I would not deal with this seller again, and recommend others approach any deals with this user with a great deal of caution.

I bought a 17” macbook pro from him that was supposed to be "in perfect working order” although uncyherb said it had some screen markings and had a battery replaced (http://www.mactalk.com.au/22/98198-fs-macbook-pro-17-2-33-c2d-2gb-160gb.html), but when I removed it from the box it had a lid which wouldn't open (something wrong with the latch). I removed the battery and looked inside and discovered that there was a screw missing right there. On closer inspection the top casing was not properly aligned!

I managed to open the cover and while running the System Profiler, discovered that the inbuilt iSight camera didn't work either.

When I contacted seller about this he said the issues may have stemmed from work done on the machine at apple store to replace a keyboard. This was never mentioned in the original for sale thread posted by uncyherb.

I asked seller to find repair receipt so the machine could be fixed under warranty, or alternatively refund money and I would replace machine.

Seller refused to cooperate and I was stuck with a laptop with faults that wasn’t operating properly.

I’m not sure how I could have avoided the issues that came up. Perhaps I could have gotten an independent person to check the laptop over thoroughly for me before I handed over the cash for it. I went on what the seller told me, and assumed it would be as he described.