PDA

View Full Version : Cracked screen replacements at Apple

adam89
25th May 2011, 02:41 PM
Hey guys,

Does anybody know if Apple does cracked screen replacements on iPhone 4's if they are passed their warranty period? I'll be travelling till the end of July and my warranty would have expired then and prefer to do it when I get back.

NORMANDY
25th May 2011, 02:57 PM
Hey guys,

Does anybody know if Apple does cracked screen replacements on iPhone 4's if they are passed their warranty period? I'll be travelling till the end of July and my warranty would have expired then and prefer to do it when I get back.

yup take it to apple, shell out 250 bucks, and they give you a new one...

glacierdave
25th May 2011, 03:00 PM
In general, a cracked screen probably isn't a fault that'd be covered under warranty. But Apple does do a swap-out for a fee. Fee varies depending on the device but is less than normal retail pricing.

David

jusrus
27th June 2011, 12:22 PM
We sadly have an iPhone 4 with a cracked screen. Already a replacement for one that got drowned a few months ago. One crack in the top left corner on Saturday, then over night another hairline crack from top to bottom, I presume from cold in Melbourne.

Obviously, once they're cracked they're compromised and more cracks will appear.

Is is the same $250 replacement fee during the warranty period as we paid for the drowned one?

Justin.

Exocet
27th June 2011, 01:29 PM
$250 is the fee for service for repairs classed as "out of warranty". The reason may be due to damage or neglect, or simply that the warranty period has passed.

markpalavra
28th June 2011, 05:34 PM
I got my cracked iPhone 4 replaced for free, because I said the home button was a bit sticky sometimes too.