PDA

View Full Version : Easter Eggs

tempestas
10th August 2004, 11:02 PM
Some of you may remember the fun easter eggs that used to be hidden in some of the Classic OS versions. I remember the Iguana from OS 7.5.3 amongst others. They were usually found by option or option shift clicking "about this Mac" etc.

Is there any likewise fun things hidden away or is this DVD territory only now?

:P

Currawong
11th August 2004, 02:40 PM
In the early developer previews of OSX, if you pressed control-option(alt)-delete a message popped up saying "This is not windows". As far as I know, Easter eggs were banned from the OS.

Quamen
11th August 2004, 05:14 PM
haha that one's a pissa Currawong. They should of left it in. Would of been damn funny.

Disko
11th August 2004, 05:21 PM
In a terminal, type "emacs" (without the quotes), hit enter, then press Esc, then x, then type "tetris" and you're in...spacebar and arrows are the keys.

Quamen
11th August 2004, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Disko@Aug 11 2004, 05:21 PM
In a terminal, type "emacs" (without the quotes), hit enter, then press Esc, then x, then type "tetris" and you're in...spacebar and arrows are the keys.
That's not really an OS X easter egg. It's been in emacs for ages in every version of unix and linux.

Disko
11th August 2004, 07:23 PM
Yeah. But still. It's *something*. :)

Quamen
11th August 2004, 08:36 PM
true. Something is better than nothing.

tempestas
12th August 2004, 09:08 AM
excellent - I can get my tetris addiction back in order.

I guess with Expose, fast user switching, clouds of dust trash, Panther has plenty of eye candy. Shame though it was one of the fun things about the G2 PowerMac's cos lets face it the design was smart but not exactly great.