PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 4 issues - Please Help!!

adamjc
22nd May 2011, 08:34 AM
Hi There,

I have been having some really frustrating issues with my launch model iPhone 4.

Firstly my WIFI range is terrible, I have compared my WIFI range with 2 friends iPhones and they pick up at minimum 3 bars in the same location as where I pick up none.

The other issue that has started the past month is very limited 3G data use. It hardly works. Now I am with Vodafone so the first thought was that it was just crappy coverage, however again the other two iPhones have no issues with the 3G data when in the same location however my phone is unable to work. Switching to Edge does not make any real difference or improvement.

I have tried an Erase all settings and content etc and also attempted to setup phone as new however it did not work.

Any ideas on how to get this working?

I have a Genius Bar appointment next weekend but thought I would check with you guys before I swap my phone which may or may not improve the issue.

Cheers!

Jinkst
22nd May 2011, 08:46 AM
The 3G issue could have been a problem with the sim card itself rather than the coverage. But the wifi problem wouldn't have anything to with it. Perhaps all your aerials are rooted. Or maybe Steve Jobs was right and you're just not holding it the right way... ;) I think taking it to the Genius Bar and possibly getting a swap is the easiest and quickest fix.

adamjc
22nd May 2011, 09:00 AM
Thats what I am thinking too.

What I am concerned about with the swap though erasing data etc.

As the iPhone 4 does not overwrite data but only delete the encryption key.

How do I overwrite all data on the iPhone 4 itself?

db9
22nd May 2011, 11:56 AM
I had an iphone that had bad reception (got it when it first came out), thought they fixed the problem by now though...

Maybe swap for one (hopefully) without the problem. Or get a bumper :P

adamjc
23rd May 2011, 07:40 AM
Thanks for the replies!

Any ideas on how to overwrite all data on the iPhone 4 as per the iPhone 3G?

anteck
23rd May 2011, 05:45 PM
HI Adam,

That sounds frustrating. You haven't mentioned if you're using a case or not. Due to the antenna existing around the outside, certain types of cases could decrease signal strength.

If that's not your issue, then i would recommend taking it back to the Apple Store for an exchange...

Good Luck!

Anthony.

adamjc
28th May 2011, 09:18 PM
Good news guys, I took it in to Apple and they replaced my phone for an exchange and all has now been fixed with WIFI and 3G working as they should.

Thanks for the replies.

anteck
29th May 2011, 08:48 PM
Awesome News!