PDA

View Full Version : Pages and Word doc syncing

Marcsteel
11th May 2011, 08:43 PM
I use Pages to create and amend documents on my iPad (of course). I then send the document to iTunes as a .doc, then save the same document to the appropriate folder on my Mac. Using Word I then add to or change that document, save it go back to iTunes and add it to the Pages app, iTunes asks if I want to replace the document since it has the same name, sync my iPad, only to have to add from iTunes to the iPad. When I do this it keeps the document name, but adds a 1 to the file name rather than asking me if I want to replace the document I already have on the iPad. VERY FRUSTRATING to do all this send to iTunes, add to iTunes, replace files, etc etc!

Have I got the whole syncing a document in progress thing wrong? Should I abandon using iTunes to sync and use Dropbox or, god forbid, try MobileMe to get a better and/or less convoluted way of syncing?

Thoughts anyone.

ozhood
19th May 2011, 09:03 AM
Pages for the iPad lacks native support for sending to Dropbox. There is a workaround though. Pages supports import and export to a WebDAV server. There is a service called DropDav which will make DropBox appear as a WebDAV server. It seems to work well. I have found MobileMe to be painfully slow. If Apple doesn't improve the service both in terms performance and features I don't think I'll be renewing my MobileMe account next year.