PDA

View Full Version : New Apple iMacs coming soon



the8thark
21st April 2011, 12:05 AM
New Apple iMacs coming soon

My rumour source?

iMac - Apple Store (Italia) (http://store.apple.com/it/browse/home/shop_mac/family/imac?mco=MTcyMTgwNTQ)
iMac - Buy iMac desktop computers - Apple Store (Taiwan) (http://store.apple.com/tw/browse/home/shop_mac/family/imac?mco=OTY2ODEwNQ)

Two different Apple online stores. Italy and Tiawan. And some of the imacs on these stores have shipping dates of 3-5 days and 2 days respectively. Sure this is not much to go off. But it's better then nothing right?

wholikespotatoes
21st April 2011, 12:37 AM
Speed bump and thunderbolt is the safe bet

nibbles
21st April 2011, 06:32 PM
Don't think i'll worry about updating my iMac, I was one for update at least every year but I have found the setup I need and until it gets too old to use i'll hang on to it, unless there is a significant change.

the8thark
22nd April 2011, 12:11 AM
2 of the Mac Pro's in the UK Apple Store are 4 and 3-5 days time to ship now.
Mac Pro - Apple Store (UK) (http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/home/shop_mac/family/mac_pro?mco=MTgxODUwMDQ)

So does this mean these products to are soon to be refurbished? Or that the recent issues in Japan and around the world has put a strain on component supplies, Hence the delays.

sirstaunch
22nd April 2011, 08:11 AM
Can't wait, it's what I'm waiting for, then Lion release, then I'll get myself an iMac ;)

thats awesome
22nd April 2011, 10:12 PM
Can't wait, it's what I'm waiting for, then Lion release, then I'll get myself an iMac ;)

Same, want to update to a imac refresh with lion :-D

I'd guess the new imacs will be out in may-june.

Amber308
24th April 2011, 06:45 AM
What do you think the Australian pricing will be for the new iMacs considering the strength of the dollar?

My guess is:

21.5 inch base model AU $1249.00
21.5 inch high model AU $1549.00
27 inch base model AU $1749.00
27 inch high model AU $2049.00

glenmorrow
24th April 2011, 10:29 AM
My partner said yesterday to me 'oh you've had that Mac Pro for ages why don't you upgrade?', so now I'm debating whether I wait until the new iMacs come out or just get a new MacBook Pro. Decisions decisions.

the8thark
26th April 2011, 03:26 AM
Apple delays iMac orders ahead of next week’s refresh with Thunderbolt I/O and Sandy Bridge processors (http://www.9to5mac.com/63619/apple-delays-imac-orders-ahead-of-next-weeks-refresh-with-thunderbolt-io-and-sandy-bridge-processors/)

Due to an unexpected delay, we are unable to ship the following item(s)
by the date that you were originally quoted:Z0JP, IMAC 27\”/5750/SD
will now ship on or before
May 02, 2011
This makes me think new TB imacs are very close to a release date.

glitch
26th April 2011, 09:37 AM
Yep, we expect the new models next week. Zero stock of current iMac models across the board. Word is only TB and Sandy Bridge so not an update that will interest most people.

the8thark
26th April 2011, 06:51 PM
I agree. People who have newish imacs won't feel the need to upgrade. But people with older imacs (like me - 2006 17 inch) might find these new imacs the nudge they need to upgrade. If the price is right.

Steve_D
26th April 2011, 07:05 PM
As long as they release them before i have to put this order in for work. Fingers crossed they do an update (even if its just a silent one) of the pro too.

Nothing worse than placing an order for stuff only to find that it gets updated 2 weeks later.

mjankor
26th April 2011, 07:20 PM
Sitting here twiddling my thumbs. I've been waiting for this for a month or so now. One of those lucky situations where I need a new iMac, but not desperately, so I can wait for the revision.

Fedgrub
27th April 2011, 09:10 AM
Sitting here twiddling my thumbs. I've been waiting for this for a month or so now. One of those lucky situations where I need a new iMac, but not desperately, so I can wait for the revision.

Same here. Just patiently waiting.

nibbles
27th April 2011, 09:50 AM
Unless some of my shares double I won't be twiddling my thumbs waiting. Would be good to see a new iMac with stuff that I need (don't know what that stuff is until it is released).

Renoman
28th April 2011, 04:19 PM
I need one quite soon... Hope its not more than a few weeks away!!!!

nibbles
28th April 2011, 04:20 PM
could be a matter of hours.

Renoman
28th April 2011, 07:51 PM
Probably should have noted what the prices/spec was before... So is this an upgrade?

Edit - doesn't look like it. My credit card is safe for now :)

the8thark
30th April 2011, 12:18 AM
More evidence of a possible imac lineup refresh soon.

UK runs out of current gen iMacs? Refresh coming
UK runs out of current gen iMacs? Refresh coming | 9 to 5 Mac UK runs out of current gen iMacs? Refresh coming | Apple Intelligence (http://www.9to5mac.com/64491/uk-runs-out-of-current-gen-imacs/)

In what is certainly the biggest news coming out of the UK this morning, it looks like Apple is running a bit dry on iMacs. Shipping times have moved to “2 business days” which puts shipping at right about when we’ve forcasted a refresh.

As we’ve stated, we expect this to be a moderate update with Thunderbolt and Sandy Bridge processors.



Probably should have noted what the prices/spec was before
Done this as a screenshot so I can compare the before and after refresh imacs.

Phil5150
3rd May 2011, 10:45 PM
up now on Apple (http://www.apple.com.au)