PDA

View Full Version : Flame this mongrel

stevejay
29th January 2004, 10:54 AM
The following link http://www.overclockers.com/tips1133/ is not for the feint of heart.

Go all the way to page 2 because he stupidly puts up an email address (maybe just trolling for spam, so spoof a fake address) and flame his little quoit.

Wish I could find his parents' emails, the little shit!

Disko
29th January 2004, 11:00 AM
That is fairly sickening. Don't fret though stevejay - karma will get him in the form of BSOD.

Byrd
29th January 2004, 11:06 AM
The problem I have with it is that it's a terrible bloody mod! Truly awful - and yeah he sounds like a rich kid.

decryption
29th January 2004, 11:45 AM
It has to be a set up... No-one in their sane mind would rip up a $5000 computer just because their parents might get upset if he doesn't use it...

I bet lots of people got sucked in and e-mailed the dude and he's having a good laugh at the expense of Apple zealots with his G5 parts put back in after he took those photos :P

stevejay
29th January 2004, 12:26 PM
I've setup a flamebot, spoofing email addresses from random characters and set it up to cut out at 10000 mails :)

That should reduce the value of his spam list!

jameso
29th January 2004, 01:56 PM
why did he stick a mini MB in this thing? have you guys seen the size of the g5 towers? and green? in a mac? pft

that aside, this guy's Universal Karma Index™ has got to be huge. he gave the g5 (not the case, true) to his mac buddy who only had a g3. If I was running os x on a g3 and my mate GAVE me the insides to his g5.......

jameso

cmetom
29th January 2004, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by decryption@Jan 29 2004, 12:45 PM
It has to be a set up... No-one in their sane mind would rip up a $5000 computer just because their parents might get upset if he doesn't use it...

I bet lots of people got sucked in and e-mailed the dude and he's having a good laugh at the expense of Apple zealots with his G5 parts put back in after he took those photos :P
maybe... but joke or not, i can't see putting the G5 stuff back in. he may seriously want to use his althon in there...

but yes it's a bad mod. a lot of that could have been done better, with a little more time spent thinking with a pen and paper in hand, instead of a dremel in hand.

i said to another friend: "i wish i had fucked up friends like that", in relation to what he did with the G5 stuff. my G3 would be a beast with G5 stuff in it - a real sleeper :D
the same friend pointed out that the superdrive would work in a PC - he gave away a DVD burner!!! moron...

(some of this post assumes its an expensive joke and some of it assumes it's true)

elvis
30th January 2004, 01:21 PM
oh... my... god... becky...

"how to completely knacker the worlds best desktop system in one easy step".

step one:....

Byrd
31st January 2004, 10:11 AM
Stevejay> this mod here

http://www.mini-itx.com/projects/wraithse/

... boils my blood more than the G5 one! It's terrible.

JB

jameso
31st January 2004, 11:53 AM
The cube mod on the same web page gets me... but i guess it wouldn't be a bad looking media station.

jameso

Byrd
31st January 2004, 05:10 PM
Forgot about that cube mod - like the G5 mod, why bother when the machine you're putting in is much, much slower? The EPIA isn't a speed demon at all (but I must admit, I love my EPIA-800 HTPC - it's the most reliable machine I've ever built).

JB

mbd
31st January 2004, 07:06 PM
turns out (thankfully) that it was a hoax... See original URL for more details

LCGuy
1st February 2004, 01:15 AM
Oh. My. God.

elvis
1st February 2004, 10:59 AM
yup, a hoax. seems he got quite a bit of backlash from the mac community for his "joke". what a complete dork.

jameso
1st February 2004, 11:19 AM
i would have kept quite about it being a joke.

oh well

jameso

Cory5412
1st February 2004, 02:15 PM
LOL!

I still can't get anything to load (the first url) but I'm not surprised, and I would also have kept it a seceret too :P

jameso
1st February 2004, 08:39 PM
the site has been /.ed really badly a few times. poor guys

jameso

Disko
1st February 2004, 08:42 PM
yeah, the /. effect is because i linked it off the front page for this morning's news. :P