Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

» Join the discussions, Register Now!
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    gehenna's Avatar gehenna is offline Big things have small beginnings

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    5,521

    Default Paragon HFS Driver for Windows FREE

    Head to the Paragon site to download the HFS driver for Windows 32 and 64 bit, free for a limited time (up to 50,000 downloads I think). This allows you to read, but possibly not write to, HFS formatted Mac hard drives when mounted in Windows.
    Last edited by gehenna; 21st April 2010 at 08:11 PM.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    48

    Default

    nice find! Thanks

  3. #3
    pyrite's Avatar pyrite is offline Matt Blake

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    293

    Default

    Nice one!!

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    733

    Default

    Thanks for that. Just what I needed.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Carlingford
    Posts
    314

    Smile

    Great
    Macs: imac g3 500mhz,powerbook g4 17in 1.5ghz,ibook g3 800,24in imac c2d 2.8,15 in macbook pro 2.4 (penryn),4+ xserves
    g3 B&W with g4 upgrade card,g5 dual 2.7 plus various others

    Accecories:Ipod touch 32gb,ipod 4g click wheel 40gb

  6. #6

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SYD
    Posts
    642

    Default

    Thanks for sharing that with us!

    Just over there and grabbing a copy right now. Finally, a HFS solution for Windows…

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    786

    Default

    nice find, dloading now
    iMac 21.5"| 13" MacBook Air | iPad 2 | Apple TV 3 | iPhone 4 | iPhone 4 | iPod HiFi | Drobo | 7D

  8. #8
    tintinaujapon's Avatar tintinaujapon is offline Aut inveniam viam aut faciam.

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    3,105

    Default

    Sweet.
    .
    Times are bad. Children no longer obey their parents, and everyone is writing a book.

    - Cicero (106BC-43BC)

  9. #9

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SYD
    Posts
    642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gehenna View Post
    Head to the Paragon site to download the HFS driver for Windows 32 and 64 bit, free for a limited time (up to 50,000 downloads I think). This allows you to read and write HFS formatted Mac hard drives when mounted in Windows.
    I've just installed it and gave it a go — had some issues at first, but it's reading my external HFS+ drive with no problems.

    But I don't believe the software is able to write HFS/HFS+ at this point in time (listed under “restrictions and known issues”).

    However, read-only access is still good…

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krasivy View Post
    I've just installed it and gave it a go — had some issues at first, but it's reading my external HFS+ drive with no problems.

    But I don't believe the software is able to write HFS/HFS+ at this point in time (listed under “restrictions and known issues”).

    However, read-only access is still good…
    I thought a recent Boot Camp driver update made the Mac partition readable but not writable anyway

  11. #11
    gehenna's Avatar gehenna is offline Big things have small beginnings

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    5,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alextrob View Post
    I thought a recent Boot Camp driver update made the Mac partition readable but not writable anyway
    How does that help you if you're not using Boot Camp

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gehenna View Post
    How does that help you if you're not using Boot Camp
    Ahh of course. I forgot that people run Windows on non-Apple computers

  13. #13
    nibbles's Avatar nibbles is offline Holding the fort

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Gerringong, NSW
    Posts
    4,423

    Default

    When I try to install it the installer doesn't give me an option of where I want it installed, normally this isn't a problem but I don't have write access to the program files directory, how would I install it

  14. #14
    gehenna's Avatar gehenna is offline Big things have small beginnings

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    5,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moto51 View Post
    When I try to install it the installer doesn't give me an option of where I want it installed, normally this isn't a problem but I don't have write access to the program files directory, how would I install it
    Is this your own PC that you're installing it on? If so what version of Windows?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •